Irvine International are proud to have Environmental Choice Licenses for all Nexterra carpet tiles as described below:
- Nexterra carpet tiles lead the industry world-wide with 85% post-consumer recycled content
- 35% from recycled PET bottles (polyethylene terephthalate, the number one on the bottom of your bottles)
- 50% from recycled glass from automotive industry, old computer monitor screens and other post-consumer sources
- Face Fibre (carpet yarn) contains minimum 25% post-industrial recycled content
- All power for production is drawn 100% from renewable green energy, ie the wind farms
- Zero Waste Water – Nexterra tile backing does not require water in the production process and all face fibre yarn is Solution Dyed Nylon, therefore does not require the enormous quantities of water used for traditional piece dyeing
- Nexterra backing contains no PVC (totally non PVC flooring)
- 100% waste trims & scraps sold to recycling facilities
- 100% Irvine International Carpet Take-Back service for donation & re-use elsewhere in the community
- 100% Closed Loop Recyclable Carpet – at the absolute end of the lifecycle, Nexterra carpet tiles can be recycled back into the backing for future Nexterra carpet tiles
- In addition, both Avalar SDX and Cambridge Approved Nylon face fibre yarns contain a minimum 25% recycled content!
Our Environmental Position
Irvine International is excited about being a member of the New Zealand Green Building Council. This is a natural partnership for Irvine International, with our exclusive access to internationally award-winning environmentally sustainable flooring products manufactured all over the world.
We have chosen to focus on what we as designers, importers, wholesalers and distributors of flooring can do to increase the efficiency of our operations and the performance of the products we represent, while decreasing our impact on our surroundings and our use of resources. This includes recycling packaging, a returns policy for samples and our Take Back service. All our sampling is supplied with a label requesting that the customer returns the sample so that it is then available for others to consider, rather than fast-tracking it for landfill.
As a matter of principle we align ourselves with manufacturers who are committed to Environmentally Sustainable Design and we make a conscious effort to support suppliers that have their own comprehensive and effective Environmental Policies. All our manufacturing partners are either ISO 14001 or NSF-140 certified or are in the process of attaining these certifications.
This level of critical thinking has lead to product design innovations like our exclusive Nexterra Carpet Tiles, with 85% post-consumer recycled content! These carpet tiles have not only achieved Environmental Choice New Zealand License, but contain 60% more recycled content than the 25% minimum criteria.
Such cutting edge technology, combined with an ethically-smarter approach to the way we live, ensures we leave the faintest of footprints on our beautiful environment.